gross national product
- ( GNP)Measures and economy's total income. It is equal to GDP plus the income abroad accruing to domestic residents minus income generated in domestic market accruing to non-residents. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary
* * *gross national product ˌgross ˌnational ˈproduct abbreviation GNP noun [singular, uncountable]ECONOMICS the total value of goods and services produced in a country's economy, including income from abroad:
• Three percent of the country's gross national product is devoted to research and development.inˌflation-adˌjusted ˌgross ˌnational ˈproduct ECONOMICSgross national product after increases in prices are taken into account:
• Forecasters now look for the inflation-adjusted gross national product to decline by 1.3%.per ˌcapita ˌgross ˌnational ˈproduct ECONOMICSthe gross national product of a country divided by the number of people living there:
• The oil project could transform the fortunes of this country, which has a per capita gross national product of just $180.
* * *► See GNP.
* * *gross national product UK US noun [U] ECONOMICS
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Gross National Product — Gross Domestic Product plus the income accruing to domestic residents as a result of investments abroad less income earned in domestic markets accruing to foreigners abroad. Chicago Board of Trade glossary * * * gross national product ˌgross… … Financial and business terms
gross national product — n: the total value of the goods and services produced by the residents of a nation during a specified period (as a year) Merriam Webster’s Dictionary of Law. Merriam Webster. 1996. gross national product … Law dictionary
gross national product — ► NOUN ▪ the total value of goods produced and services provided by a country during one year, equal to the gross domestic product plus the net income from foreign investments … English terms dictionary
gross national product — gross national products N VAR A country s gross national product is the total value of all the goods it has produced and the services it has provided in a particular year, including its income from investments in other countries. [BUSINESS] Syn:… … English dictionary
gross national product — gross .national product n [singular] ↑GNP … Dictionary of contemporary English
gross national product — gross ,national product noun uncount the total value of all goods and services produced in a country in a year, including income received from money invested in other countries. It is often simply called GNP … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
gross national product — (GNP) monetary value of all of a nation s services and goods produced in a given period of time … English contemporary dictionary
gross national product — n. the total value of a nation s annual output of goods and services: it includes the foreign output of domestic firms and excludes the domestic output of foreign firms … English World dictionary
gross national product — the total monetary value of all final goods and services produced in a country during one year. Abbr.: GNP Cf. national income, net national product. [1945 50] * * * ▪ economics total market value of the final goods and services produced by … Universalium
gross national product — noun former measure of the United States economy; the total market value of goods and services produced by all citizens and capital during a given period (usually 1 yr) (Freq. 1) • Syn: ↑GNP • Hypernyms: ↑value • Hyponyms: ↑real gross national… … Useful english dictionary